Across the world.
Looking outside to better view inside.
Posts based upon Mottos, Reflections, Plans and Actions from Universities around the World.
"Have You Said Thanks, or Been Thanked Recently?
This week is all about appreciating our staff at UC Berkeley, but it shouldn't be just one week out of the year - it should be all year round! Give a shout out to your colleagues via our Appreciate page. And we're including this Recognition Tool Kit so you're never without some ideas to keep the momentum, and dialogue, going. Here's one of our favorite sections of the Toolkit to get you started:
92 Ways To Recognize Your Colleagues
In budget-constrained times, ongoing, meaningful rewards and recognition can be provided to our staff to recognize their many contributions. Some are low-cost, others no-cost, just the time it takes to say “thank you.” Here are 92 ideas to help you embed employee recognition into your everyday work. Not all of them are appropriate for everyone, but the idea is to stimulate some new creative thinking on how to motivate and recognize colleagues.
1. Smile - it’s contagious!
2. Create a Hall of Fame with photos of outstanding employees.
3. Arrange for a team to present results of its efforts to upper management.
4. Plan a surprise lunch or get-together with refreshments.
5. Encourage and recognize staff who pursue continuing education.
6. Post a thank-you note on an employee’s door or cubicle.
7. Create and post an Employee Honor Roll in a reception area.
8. Acknowledge individual achievements by using the employee’s name when preparing a status report.
9. Make a photo collage about a successful project that shows the people that worked on it, its stage of development, and its completion and presentation.
10. Find out the person’s hobby and buy an appropriate gift.
Check 82 more ways at UC Berkeley, USA: